prep time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large roma tomato, cut into 4 (1/2 inch thick) slices
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken breasts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, minced garlic, and pepper into a resealable plastic bag, knead bag several times to coat chicken with marinade, and squeeze air from the bag. Seal and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Add chicken with marinade to a medium pan over medium-high heat and cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or until browned.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Top each chicken breast with tomato slices and shredded mozzarella.
- Cover; cook 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
suggested side dishes:
- Side salad
- Linguine or bowtie pasta