prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup pineapple sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Grill pineapple over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil in pan and grill chicken on both sides over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add bbq sauce to the pan and saute chicken on low for 8 minutes.
- Set aside and slice into very thin slices.
- Warm griddle over medium heat and add butter to the pan
- Add onion to the pan and cook 5 minutes or until browned; stir occasionally.
- Transfer onion to a medium bowl.
- Slightly warm and toast tortillas one at a time.
- While the tortilla is warming in the pan, sprinkle tortilla with grated monterey jack cheese.
- Arrange chicken slices evenly over the surface.
- Add pineapple slices and onion.
- Sprinkle on cilantro.
- If desired, drizzle extra barbecue sauce over the top.
- Add second browned tortilla on top of each one.
- Cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut each quesadilla into six wedges.
- Sour Cream