prep time: 15 minutes
- 8 whole large shrimp cooked
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup mexican red sauce
- Pour red sauce over shrimp.
- Set aside.
- Add olive oil in pan and Cook vegetables over high heat until they start to get brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to high heat, then dump in the shrimp with the sauce.
- Heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and chop into bite-size pieces.
- In a separate pan, heat butter.
- Slightly warm and toast tortillas one at a time.
- While the tortilla is warming in the pan, sprinkle tortilla with grated monterey jack cheese.
- Layer on vegetables and shrimp.
- Sprinkle on cilantro.
- Top with a little more cheese and a second tortilla.
- Cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut each quesadilla into six wedges.
Suggested side dishes:
- Mexican Rice
- Sour Cream
- Avocado Slices