prep time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound fresh salmon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups small-diced celery (4 stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the salmon on a sheet pan, skin side down.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until just cooked.
- Remove from the oven and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes and refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons of the butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the onion, celery, and bell peppers in a large saute pan over medium-low heat and cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Flake the chilled salmon into a large bowl.
- Add the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, parsley, black pepper, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and Old Bay seasoning. Mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form into nicely round patties.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Fry the croquettes for about 4 minutes per side, until browned.
suggested side dishes:
- Side Salad
- Wild Rice
- Home Fries