prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 4 slices swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 slices french sandwich rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 stick butter
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion to the pan and over medium-low heat cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned; stir occasionally.
- Transfer onion to a medium bowl.
- Combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire, pepper, turkey, garlic and onion; fold together.
- Melt 1/4 stick of butter in pan over medium heat.
- Return turkey mixture to pan forming a single layer; do not stir, let it sit for a few minutes to brown the meat.
- Turn the meat with a spatula and cook for an additional few minutes or until brown.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes until thoroughly warm.
- Cut each roll in half length-wise.
- Butter halved French rolls and toast in a pan.
- Place rolls face up on a plate, then top with 1 cheese slice on the bottom and add warm turkey mixture on top.
- Top with the other half of the roll.
suggested side dishes:
- Side salad