prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed
- Add eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla until creamy.
- With mixer set on low speed, add in 1/3 of the dry ingredients in three separate batches alternating with 1/2 of the milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour and mixing just until combined after each addition.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, whip butter on medium speed with electric mixer.
- Blend in vanilla extract, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Once all ingredients are well blended, slowly add in the whipping cream to the mixture.
- Let sit for a few minutes and frost cupcakes.