prep time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil over medium-high flame in a large pot.
- Add chicken and cook 6 minutes or until browned.
- Set chicken aside.
- Saute bell peppers 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add onion powder and garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook to reduce volume for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot and add chicken stock and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
suggested side dishes: