prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1 box (16 ounces) penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and drain the penne pasta.
- In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and sauté, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce and vodka to the large pan over low heat until the mixture reduces by 1/4, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the cream into the tomato and vodka sauce.
- Turn heat down to low and let simmer until the sauce is heated through.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Blend in basil and parsley.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut the tails off of the shrimp and chop into bite–sized pieces.
- Add the chopped shrimp to the sauce.
- Give it a stir and add in salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to pan with the sauce, and toss to coat.
suggested side dishes:
- Side salad
- Garlic bread