prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 french rolls or sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12-16 leaves Baby Spinach
- Cut both chicken breasts in half.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook about 3 minutes or until browned.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and cook another 3 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In a small bowl, add the preserves and mayo.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread apricot aioli on a slice of bread.
- Add spinach leaves to the other slice of bread.
- Place chicken on bottom half of bread.
- Add the top piece of bread onto the chicken.
- Spread the rest of the butter on both sides of the sandwich.
- Add the sandwich to the large pan and cook until bread is grilled on both sides.
suggested side dishes:
- French fries
- Potato chips