prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slices swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 slices french bread
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- cooking spray
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion to the pan and cook 5 minutes or until browned; stir occasionally.
- Transfer onion to a medium bowl.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Worcestershire, pepper, turkey, egg white and onion; fold together.
- Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Return pan to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add patties to pan; cook 20 minutes flipping once or until brown.
- Top each patty with 1 cheese slice; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Toast bread slices.
- Top each serving with 1 patty.
- Cover each with BBQ sauce.
suggested side dishes:
- Side salad