prep time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11/2 cups corn bread stuffing
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup orange juice or water
- 4 large apples, cored and thinly sliced
- Lightly mix butter, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, stuffing and pecans and set aside.
- Mix cranberry sauce, juice and apples.
- Add half the stuffing mixture; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.