prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 package (6 ounces) long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped washington golden delicious apples
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese, apple, mushrooms, and celery to rice; toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture into 1-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.