prep time: 15 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tart red apple, unpeeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Cook chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 12×9-inch shallow baking dish, mix apple, apricots, raisins, onion powder, and brown sugar.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish making sure to envelope in mixture.
- Cover and bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.
suggested side dishes:
- Mashed Potatoes